When looking for a new home, it is all about location, location, location. For individuals seeking a beautiful, four-season location in California, Calaveras county is the perfect destination. Located in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range, this picturesque area of Northern California offers residents the benefits of mild and snowy winters as well as comfortable summer days. Calaveras County is known for its amazing winter activities. Here are several to consider:
- Mercer Caverns – Are you looking for outdoor fun that is actually inside? Consider a trip to the Mercer Caverns. Originally known as the New Calaveras Cave, this prehistoric cave offers visitors a peak into a bygone era. The caves are a comfortable 55 degrees, year round so they are the perfect destination if the weather outside is frightful.
- Sierra Nevada Adventure Company – Perhaps you are seeking an active adventure. The outfitters at the Sierra Nevada Adventure Company have everything you need for a winter day trip. Rent some snowshoes and take a trek through one of the California Snow Parks. Or rent some skis and try your luck on the area trails and slopes.
- Big Tree State Park – The Big Tree State Park is one of Calaveras County’s most popular year-round destinations. In addition to awe inspiring giant sequoias, the park offers a variety of winter activities including snowshoeing and cross country skiing on one of the many park trails. Or, bring your sled and make your own fun.
- Bear Valley Ski Area – Enjoy a day of downhill skiing at Bear Valley. Located right off of Scenic Highway 4, this fun winter destination includes over 1,500 acres of ski trails. Bear Valley offers ski and snowboard rentals as well safety equipment including helmets and wrist guards.
- Bear Valley Cross Country – If you are looking for a slower paced ski activity, get out and enjoy the trails and scenery at Bear Valley Cross Country. There is plenty to explore with over 3,000 acres and 38 groomed trails. Bring your own skis or rent a pair.
Are you looking for the perfect property in Calaveras county? Contact the team at Century 21 Sierra Properties to find your dream home. We offer three convenient locations in Angels Camp, Arnold and Murphys. Let one of our trusted real estate professionals guide you through the home buying experience. Contact our team today.